This is a quick and easy way to have apple pie for breakfast and you only need 5 ingredients!!
This recipe serves 1
35g porridge oats
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 green apple
1 tsp brown sugar
150ml of milk (whatever your preference – I have used almond milk)
- Roughly grate the green apple and add to a non-stick frying pan, on a medium heat.
- When the apple starts to sizzle slightly, reduce the heat to the lowest setting and add the brown sugar and cinnamon, mix well.
- In a separate pan, combine your milk and oats and cook until you have a creamy consistency.
- Combine the cooked apple and oats in a bowl and serve immediately.
- I sprinkled a tablespoon of my homemade granola on top but you can top with some almonds,pumpkin seeds or walnuts if you don’t have any granola.
Nutritional information per serving (with 1 tbsp granola on top):
328kcal, 9g protein, 4g fat, 55g carbohydrate, 8g fibre,