This is a healthier version of the traditional burger with with all the taste! The recipe below makes 8 servings, you can freeze whatever you don’t use and have dinner made for the week ahead!
Makes 8 burger patties
One serving = 1 turkey burger patty
450g lean turkey mince
80g porridge oats
1 garlic clove (minced)
70g feta cheese
pepper (no need for salt)
2 egg whites
20g of Jalapeños – you can add as much as you like if you’re a fan of spicy food or just leave them out of the recipe if you’re not.
- Chop spinach into small pieces and remove any stalks as these will stick out of your burger patties and make them harder to form.
- Once the spinach is chopped, combine all ingredients into a bowl and mix together with a fork or with clean hands.
- Start to shape the burger patties by scooping up a handful of the mixture to form a ball and then pressing them flat. Don’t worry if they look a bit messy, they will combine when cooked.
- To cook the burgers, I used a George Forman for about 7minutes. You can use your oven grill if you don’t have a George Forman but it might take a little longer.
- Serve immediately on a whole-wheat bun or you can chop into pieces and have a burger bowl (salad).
- I had mine in a round whole-wheat pitta with tomato relish and lettuce with spinach, rocket, 50g beetroot and 70g sweet corn on the side (337kcal; 52g carbs, 6g fat and 26g protein).
Nutritional content per single turkey burger:
130kcal; 8g carbs, 3g fat, 17g protein.